Operations & Events Coordinator Position Overview
The Operations & Events Coordinator provides energetic and reliable day-to-day operations assistance and event coordination. In 2023 Together Center (TC) opened our brand new 49,000 square foot nonprofit human services hub. The Coordinator will be responsible for many different daily roles associated with maintaining our beautiful community campus, from daily building maintenance tasks, to coordination tasks such as managing event bookings and event logistics, and other administrative support functions. The Operations & Events Coordinator works closely with the small and mighty staff team to meet the complex demands of a unique organization. The Operations & Events Coordinator is expected to cross-train as back-up for Front Desk Resource Navigation.
Hours vary and would typically be onsite and in person Monday-Friday 11am-7pm, with some evening and weekend work required for onsite event hosting. This position requires a “can-do” attitude, problem-solving and solutions-oriented approach.
Primary Duties & Job Responsibilities
- building operations interface with Property Management and Community Manager to keep Together Center facility in safe, clean, and in good working order o interface and follow-up with tenants about building issues
- interface with vendors including coordinating schedules and ensuring work is completed satisfactorily and in a timely fashion
- track building issues with action plans for resolution o coordinate with custodial team to ensure sanitation and cleanliness
- serve as day porter for Together Center and respond to cleaning emergencies, which may include spill cleanups, clog resolution, restocking bathroom supplies, general tidiness, kitchen management and daily clean up
- stock and maintain a clean community kitchen, including load/unload dishwashers daily, stock and clean coffee/tea bar, wipe down counters, tables, chairs daily
- keep social purpose co-working space and conference center clean and ready-to-use
- in coordination with Property Manager and Community Manager, oversee building operations & maintenance plans for all building systems
- collect and track up-to-date Certificates of Insurance and keep e-files of all
- provide other assistance as directed by the Community Manager
- in coordination with Community Manger, manage use of conference rooms using online shared calendar and facilitate the use and rental of rooms by tenants and outside organizations. This includes:
- event bookings with detailed information
- communicate with interested nonprofits; offer tours of space
- payment collection prior to event
- provide pre-event information and clear expectations to nonprofits using TC conference center
- basic AV tech troubleshooting
- set up conference center for events – adjust divider walls, chairs, tables, etc.
- ensure conference rooms are clean after each event o in coordination with Community Manager, manage coworking studio memberships and use
Safety & Security
- act as back up to Community Manager for access control system and key cards and hard keys
- maintain and ensure online accuracy of Together Center emergency plan and onsite supplies as well as emergency preparedness communication and drills to building users
- update office and campus signage as needed
Excellent Customer Service
- provide clear communication and timely follow through for building issues reported by our nonprofit tenant organizations
- get to know nonprofit tenants, housing partners, coworking members, advocates, and build relationships with a problem-solving and community-building approach
- cross train with Community Manager on Front Desk Resource Navigation to be able to cover front desk for breaks, vacations, sick time. This includes building knowledge of local resources and providing compassionate customer service to community members in need. Training will be provided.
- ability to write clear, informative emails and communicate effectively via phone and in-person so all clients and users have best experience possible
- provide tech and audio visual support for conference center users as needed
- must be able to use Microsoft Office Suite for email, file storage and organization, and calendar
- use CRM database for some data entry and payment entry and tracking o use online project management system to track facility and maintenance issues through to resolution o use online payment systems to create payment forms and collect event and coworking usage fees
Other Duties as Assigned
- work with small team to deliver outstanding client service and maintain a clean, efficient, safe, well-run campus for nonprofits
- “can-do,” problem-solving approach is required
- ability to move, bend and lift up to 30 lbs.
- ability to move furnishings on wheels, and move collapsible, acoustic divider walls
- ability to move throughout the two-building campus
- ability to work at a desk and with computer equipment such as keyboard and mouse
Qualifications (Required & Preferred)
Commitment to Mission: Must have a strong desire to support nonprofits, our community members in need, and to build a better, more connected Greater Eastside for everyone.
Independent Working Skills: The ability to work independently on multiple projects, both ongoing and time- specific, is critical. Preferred candidates will have three years of experience in building operations and maintenance.
Communication Skills: Candidates must be able to work as a member of a team and foster collaboration. Effective writing and speaking skills are required.
Customer Service Skills: Excellent listening skills and ability to respond appropriately to customer concerns are required.
Project Management Skills: Preferred candidates will be familiar with tracking issues through to resolution with clear communication of expectations and schedule for completion to clients.
Technology Skills: Knowledge and ease in the use of Microsoft Office software is required.
Property Management: An ability to track and handle many details is required. Preferred candidates will have experience in working with tenants and vendors. Preferred candidates will be willing and able to attend to minor maintenance issues.
Reports to: The Operations & Events Coordinator reports to the Community Manager.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: Full-time; Salaried; 36-hour work week; hours may vary depending on events schedule
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000 DOE
Benefits: Paid Time Off and Federal holidays off
18% of salary (above salary) paid for benefits, including health and dental insurance; plus 2% of salary (above salary) for an available Simple IRA plan.
Life insurance and long-term disability paid by Together Center
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday November 17th.