Over the years, Together Center has established a strong financial foundation through excellent operational and fiscal management. We asked ourselves how we could leverage the land equity we've built over the years to invest in addressing critical community issues.
Together Center has a bold new vision for how we can strengthen our whole community. Starting in 2021, we will transform Together Center into a new community hub: a unique and powerful model of co-located affordable housing and human services.
An Expanded Nonprofit Services Center
We plan to expand and enhance our nonprofit services center, creating a space where staff and members of our whole community can thrive. The new center will include:
- Increased space and accessibility, expanding our center's overall footprint by 25% to 49,000 square feet and ensuring ADA compliance.
- More common spaces, like a welcoming new lobby area with free public phones, resources, and access to nonprofit referrals; conference rooms and shared workspaces for staff to increase partner collaboration; and flexible gathering spaces for community events and trainings.
- Peaceful areas to help nonprofit staff recharge so they can meet the challenges of their jobs.
- Customized, but flexible, agencies offices and spaces that meet our partners' unique needs and missions.
On-Site Affordable & Workforce Housing
There is a greater need for affordable housing options in our region than ever before. That's why Together Center is committing to building 280 new apartments on our site. We are building:
- 80 new units of permanent supportive housing for people exiting homelessness and those whose income is 30-50% of the Area Median Income
- 200 new units of “workforce housing” for those at 50-60% of the Area Median Income
Units will be located on the upper floors of Together Center’s site. It includes two contemporary residential towers over a shared space, where Together Center nonprofit organizations will be accessible at the ground level.
Parking will be underground to create a more pedestrian-friendly walking space between nonprofit offices and Together Center’s common spaces like its lobby and community rooms.
Across the site, two residential courtyards, plenty of designated areas for plants, and several green zones will also be accessible and create a warm, welcoming space that residents and Together Center staff alike can enjoy.